Wednesday, May 7, 2008

10k race

Yesterday I ran my first 10k race.

It was a beautiful warm and sunny evening and the track was nice. We ran two laps on parkways and streets in town.
I haven't been able to train as much as I had planned for this race because of a cold in the last weeks. But I'm very happy with my time - 1:02:18.
At the end of the race I thought about aiming for under one hour but I had to give that up and I did the last kms in my own pace. I really enjoyed it. I actually enjoyed the second lap more than the first.

There was about 100 runners participating and I finnished among the last ones but I'm really happy with what I accomplished and since this was my first 10k race I now have a PB wich I intend to beat next time.

I'll tell you more about the race in my next podcast episode wich I plan to post next weekend or so.

Krister

No comments: