Now it is probably about time that I put down some things here, things that maybe you didn't know about me. If you go on reading this you can considder yourself tagged and that means you are supposed to give us some facts about yourself on your blog, but there is always the opportunity of cheating. I'm actually cheating a bit myself here, because I'm supposed to write down 25 things but couldn't come up with that many. Here they are:
- I grew up on a farm. But since I gave this information away in #11 of my podcast, I have to come up with something more - What about: I know how to milk a cow, ride a horse and drive a tractor. At least I think I remember how it is done.
- I sang in differrent choirs for many years, and enjoyed it very much. I don’t remember the songs though, but will forever treasure the memories, the friends and the “team spirit” we had in some of the choirs.
- I have been married for 21 years this summer. We had a Greek orthodox wedding.
- I own a LandRover SIII, 109STW (with a broken gearbox, unfortunately) The car has turned into a renovation project that I don’t really have the time for.
- I don’t subscribe to any newspaper at the moment and seldom watches the news on TV. I don’t want to know about all the evil things people do to each other.
- The only University degree I have is in Modern Greek. I don’t practice the language enough though, I can understand an everyday conversation quite well but find it hard to say something myself.
- I keep a list of “Birds - seen and/or heard in/from our garden” together with my youngest daughter. On this years list we have almost 10 birds so far. We hope to get to see a lot more shortly, as the migrants returns for the summer.
- I write with my left hand, but use both hands equally for most other tasks.
- I have only sat foot on a treadmill twice. When I was consulting a physiotherapist for a knee injury some years ago. And when I was trying out a new pair of running shoes, only a few days ago.
- I have never had any weight problems so far. At health examinations they usually seems to think that I need to put on some weight.
- My favourite food is - almost everything really, but I avoid fish and dairy products because of a stomach issue. Even beer is a bit of a problem sometimes. I don’t miss the fish and the yoghurt that much, but a nice cold ... mm I’m getting thirsty...
- I enjoy to read books, I prefer a mystery or a thriller but also like travelogues, memoirs or maybe something about historic times.
- I have tried hanggliding once. It was a bit too difficult for my liking. I never got the hang of it. (-oh sorry, couldnt resist that comment.)
- I like to solve crosswords, I find sudoku a bit boring but have found that it is great for falling asleep.
- I survived a carcrash at age 24. A little while ago I realized that I have now lived as long after the accident as I had before. - Strange, the last 24 years seems to have passed much quicker.
Ok, now you might know me a little better.